CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR NATIONWIDE ASSESSMENT OF REHABILITATION CENTRES/HOMES AND SERVICES RENDERED
11.04.2017 10:42:17 | MRTB IT Unit, Tolu Ajiboye
VOLUNTEERS FOR NATIONWIDE ASSESSMENT OF REHABILITATION CENTRES/HOMES AND SERVICES RENDERED
The Medical Rehabilitation Therapists Board of Nigeria, established by decree 38 of 1988 / M9 LFN 2004, to regulate and control the training and practice of seven professions in the Health Sector in Nigeria. The professions are; Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Chiropractic and Osteopathic Medicine, Audiology, Prosthetics and Orthotics, seek out for volunteers in the ongoing research titled ‘’Nationwide Assessment of Rehabilitation Centres/Homes and the Services Rendered”.
With reference to the update of the action plan of World Health Organization (WHO) 2015-2021 which has the following objectives:
- To remove barriers and improve access to health and Rehabilitation services and programmes for persons living with disabilities (PLWDs)
- To strengthen and extend Rehabilitation assistive devices and support services and community based Rehabilitation to PLWDs
- To enhance collection of relevant and Internationally comparable data in disability, research on disability and related services
Similarly, as captured in National Health policy of 2016 based on the submission of the MRTB, the objectives of Health policy 2016 on PLWDs are:-
- To reduce the burden of disabilities in the country
- To ensure easy access to health services by persons living with disability
- To reduce morbidity and mortality and sequel associated disability
- To improve the quality of life for people living with disability
For the purpose of strategic planning and implementation of the above objectives, the MRTB is conducting a research on the above title, and will therefore require volunteers to participate in this Research.
Interested volunteers across Nigeria should please CLICK HERE and fill the form.
Thanks for your anticipated co-operation
AKANLE OLUFUNKE T. (MRS.)